Leann Bishop - 2013

Joyce Walker - 1992-2013

Donna L. West - 1988-1992

Doris White – 1974-1988

Jeanette Shaffstall - 1968-1974

Alyce Bender - 1966-1968

E.L. Shaffstall - 1958-1962

Ray Webster - 1954-1958

Hobart G. Leach - 1950-1954

Erma Palmquist - 1946-1950

Ray Webster - 1942-1946

Virginia  Lyster - 1938-1942

Ray Webster - 1934-1938

Ivan D. Lyon - 1932-1934

Robert A. Hilgendorf - 1928-1932

George E. Moss - 1924-1928

H.P. Hooper - 1920-1924

L.J. Dunton - 1916-1920

Boyd F. Gilkison - 1912-1916

F.J. Aufdemberge - 1908-1912

L.J. Dunton - 1904-1908

W.B. McBride - 1900-1904

William McCanles - 1898-1900


Tami L. Kerth - 2001
Delwin J. Rathbun - 1980-2001
Keith Wiegert - 1958-1980
Jane Crawford - 1956-1958
Paul Grimes - 1954-1956
John Schlappy - 1948-1954
Eugene Kerr - 1914-1948
G.E. Heutchison - 1906-1914
F.J. Aufdemberge - 1902-1906
C.M. Heaton - 1900-1902
J.M. Brunt - 1898-1900

Required by K.S.A. 8-240 and K.S.A. 1324 (Effective 7/1/00)

Two of the following documents must be presented.
One document must be from list A, and the second document must be from lists A, C, or D.
If a valid photo Driver's License (DL) issued by another state is used, a second document from list A, B, C, and D will be required.
Applicants presenting foreign documents must provide proof of lawful presence from list B, and a second document from list C or D.
All documents presented must be the original or a certified copy; no photocopies will be accepted.

A) Documentation for American Citizens or persons born in the United States:
1. Certified birth certificate (federal, state, county, Dept. of Justice, and Bureau of Indian Affairs)
2. Hospital birth certificate for instruction or farm permit only when accompanied by a patent or legal guardian
3. U.S. passport
4. US Military ID (active duty, dependent, retired, reserve, or National Guard)
5. DD 214
6. Bureau of Indian Affairs Tribal Identification Card
7. Certified Order of Adoption
8. Certificate of Naturalization with intact photo
9. Photo DL issued by a US state (if expired over 5 years requires additional documentation)
10. Photo ID issued by a US state (if expired requires additional documentation)

B) Documentation for any other persons:
1. Valid foreign passport with I-94 or valid "Processed for I-551" stamp
2. I-94 with refugee status (passport not required)
3. Valid I-551 INS Resident Alien/Permanent resident card, NO Border Crosser cards
4. Valid I-688 (photo Temporary Resident) and I-688A, I-688B, and I-766 (photo Employment Authorization)
5. Valid US Military ID (dependent)

C) Proof of name:
1. Certified marriage certificate, US, city, county, state, or foreign issued (translation may be required); no church documents allowed
2. Certified divorce decree, US or foreign, with official signature (translation may be required)
3. Certified court order of name change, US or foreign, with official signature (translation may be required)
4. Common Law certificate signed by both parties and notarized
5. Valid US Military ID (active duty, dependent, retired, reserve, and National Guard)
6. Bureau of Indian Affairs Tribal ID card
7. Certified court order of adoption
8. Photo DL or ID card issued by a US state (if expired, requires additional documentation)

D) Additional Documentation to apply for a replacement Kansas DL or ID card:
1. Valid motor vehicle registration with signature
2. Valid motor vehicle insurance card or policy
3. Selective Service Card with signature
4. Valid life insurance card or policy
5. Valid health insurance card or policy
6. Valid Kansas hunting or fishing license
7. Vehicle title
8. Diploma
9. Professional license
10. Kansas welfare card with photo and signature
11. Foreign DL (translation may be required)
12. Parole documents
13. Baptismal certificate
14. Medical records
15. Kansas voter registration card
16. Church marriage certificate (not accepted to change name)
17. Photo DL issued by a US state (if expired over 5 years, requires additional documentation)
18. Photo ID issued by a US state (if expired, requires additional documentation)
19. Foreign birth certificate (certified translation may be required)
20. May recite recent driving history to satisfaction of Examiner

DE-56a (7/00)




Be Proactive!


Take the steps to prevent home burglaries and other crimes.


Make sure that your residence is safe and secure! 


A careful inspection of your home may reveal access vulnerabilities that would make your residence a target for a home invasion or burglary. Crimes of opportunity are when criminals take advantage of a people leaving their doors unlocked, open windows, unlocked vehicles, and in some cases, keys left in the ignition.  


Inspect all entry/access points in your home and determine what steps you can take reduce your vulnerability (i.e., changing or adding locks to doors and windows, exterior motion lights, security cameras, etc.). 


A security inspection begins at the front door and ends at the back. Your assessment includes all access points (doors, cellars, and windows). Check all locks, lights, and landscaping (note- if you can gain entrance to your home without difficulty so can others). 


LCSO urges the community to take the necessary steps secure your home and make your residence safer.


Home Security Check List


In the event of a burglary, accident, or disaster, a good homeowner's, or renter's, insurance policy will pay to replace your material belongings (contact your insurance carrier/agent for more information). In most cases, the insurance company will want an inventory of your belongings and valuables prior to insuring your contents. Having these photos, vidoes, or logs will protect you in the future.


Take inventory of your valuables at least once a year, or when you purchase or sell your belongings. 


Ways to Take a Home Inventory

  • Photo inventory:
    Grab a camera or your cell phone and start taking pictures of your home and your belongings. Be thorough and pay attention to details such as hardware and fixtures as well as your belongings. Take photos of your valuables, including documents (deeds, titles, ID's, Passport, Wills, etc.)
  • Video inventory:
    Utilize your cell phone to take a video as you walk through your home. Make sure to record the details around inside and out. Narrarate your video and add commentary about your belongings, such as the price and where they were purchased. Save your video and transfer it to a flash-drive.
  • Written inventory:
    Ask your insurance company for a inventory booklet, or use a journal notebook. Go through your home and document everything thoroughly. Note prices and where you purchased the items. Keep your booklet in a safe place, like a fireproof safe or bank safety deposit box.